Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cecid flies again threaten the Philippines' mango farmsIn the Philippines, the mango season is about to start again. However, the association of mango growers and the provincial government are again concerned that a Cecid fly infestation will ruin parts of this year’s crops.
The Cecid fly typically attacks the mango fruit at night. When they lay their eggs, they leave circular black marks on the fruit. The larvae soon bore into the fruit, eventually destroying it.
Northboundasia reports that to prevent its spread, governor Imelda Marcos has approved the allocation of funds to contain this mango infestation that has been affecting the productivity of mango farmers in Ilocos region.
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: