Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cecid flies again threaten the Philippines' mango farmsIn the Philippines, the mango season is about to start again. However, the association of mango growers and the provincial government are again concerned that a Cecid fly infestation will ruin parts of this year’s crops.
The Cecid fly typically attacks the mango fruit at night. When they lay their eggs, they leave circular black marks on the fruit. The larvae soon bore into the fruit, eventually destroying it.
Northboundasia reports that to prevent its spread, governor Imelda Marcos has approved the allocation of funds to contain this mango infestation that has been affecting the productivity of mango farmers in Ilocos region.
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: