Job offersmore »
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cold pressed juices with chia seeds hit the Danish marketA new cold-pressed juice with chia seeds has been launched in Denmark, with the rest of the Scandinavian market to follow. After trading in ready to eat and ready to heat products, Anders P. Christensen from Tasteful Foods said that he was very excited about venturing into the beverage segment, a new venture for the company.
"Our company supplies Scandinavian retailers exclusively with food and beverage products that we have discovered around Europe. What we offer is consumer driven, which is why we saw the demand for our new juices," explained Christensen.
The WOW Food and Drink company developed the juices. All of 'Tasteful Foods' juice and fresh products are sourced from Holland and sent across on overnight trucks, arriving in the afternoon, so they can be delivered to their customers by the following morning.
"We had been looking for a while for the perfect innovative product to bring us into the beverage category and, once we came across Wow's juices with chia seeds, we thought it was a perfect fit for Scandinavian consumers. We didn't want to start with something that was already on the market."
Chia seeds are very popular in the region, and now they have been added to cold pressed juices, something completely new to the market. The juices are available in three flavours; watermelon and pomegranate, spinach and kiwi and carrot and mango.
"The juice a great source of protein, fibre, omega 3, with no added sugar, and possibly best of all, they are also vegan. Vegan is a growth category and in high demand. The chia seeds make the juices more filling, making it great for breakfast or an afternoon snack," Christensen continued.
For more information:
Anders P. Christensen
Tel: +45 53633084
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: