Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Membership of ‘Tropical Fruit Growers of New Zealand’ climbing fastMembership of ‘Tropical Fruit Growers of New Zealand’ is soaring since a Northern Advocate report last year wrote about the potential for profit in growing bananas, pineapples and other tropical plants in Northland and other warmer parts of New Zealand.
At the time, the group had about 20 members who were experimenting with growing tropical fruit commercially. They were trying to contact potential members or gardeners with bananas or other tropical crops from which the group could source stock to expand their activities.
Chairman Hugh Rose told the NZ Herald membership has now surged to about 100 in Northland, and that on the East Coast a very active branch in Gisborne had emerged.
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: