Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Thai police seizes 300 kg of ‘ice’ hidden among water melonsEarlier this week, a Malaysia-bound consignment of 300 kg of the party drug ‘ice’ (crystal methamphetamine) was found hidden among hundreds of watermelons inside a truck.
The vehicle was transporting the produce when it was stopped at a police checkpoint in Nakhon Ratchasima, a city in northeast Thailand. Police were astonished at the quantity of ‘ice’ hidden in the truck and arrested the three men in the vehicle.
According to The Malay Mail, Lt Gen Sommai Kongvisaisuk from the Narcotics Suppression Bureau said the drugs are valued at hundreds of millions of Baht. They were destined for southern Thailand, from where they would be smuggled into Malaysia.
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: