Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Red Moon Company shows off new red fleshed apple brandThe Red Moon Company presented Red Moon, the new brand for a series of red flesh apples, for the first time at Fruit Logistica 2018. The aim is to show the diversity of the product in fresh consumption and in processing.
Red Moon apples are suitable for delightful eating, and thanks to its red flesh and texture the company says that they are also great for juices, cider, smoothies and other transformed products as well.
"Consumers are struck by the WOW-effect of the apple, they like the taste and the color. Furthermore, the Red Moon Company is convinced of the nutraceutical ingredients of this nature-orientated and sustainable apple, with a high percentage of vitamin C and anthocyanin," the Red moon Company claimed in a press release.
Due to the increasingly health conscious behavior of consumers and the ever-expanding trend of the balanced diet, the company believes that Red Moon, and red fleshed apples in general, have the potential to become the new superfood.
In 2018 there are already 35 hectares of Red Moon planted in Italy. In France, there are 23 hectares cultivated by specialists in the production of juices, with a tendency to rise. The current aim is to get to 100 hectares as soon as possible.
The foundation of the Red Moon Company means a union of breeder and professionals from Italy, France and the Netherlands: a big pool of expertise in the full vertical chain, from breeding to apple sales. Discover the diversity of these red fleshed apples at the Fruit Logistica, Hall 4.2, booth BO8.
For more information:
Kiku Variety Management
Hall 4.2, booth B08, Fruit Logistica
Tel: +39 0471 661 734
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: