Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Exports to Russia rising 32.8% in 2017
Egyptian fruit and veg exports to Russia: 77% of the totalEgyptian minister of Trade and Industry, Tarek Kabil, announced that Egyptian exports to Russian markets increased by 32.8% from January to November 2017, reaching $464.8 mln compared to $350 mln during the same period of 2016.
For his part, Ahmed Antar, first deputy minister of Trade and Industry and head of the Egyptian Commercial Service Office, said that the intensive promotional efforts carried out by the Egyptian Commercial Office in Moscow resulted in providing more export opportunities.
According to a dailynewsegypt.com article, Nasser Hamed, head of the Egyptian Commercial Office in Moscow, said that Egyptian exports of vegetables and fruits to Russia increased by 39%. Thereby they were amounting to about $359 mln in the first 11 months of 2017, compared to about $258.5 mln during the same period of 2016.
He pointed out that Egyptian exports of vegetables and fruits to Russia represent 77% of the total Egyptian exports to Russia.
Kabil assured that currently there are still negotiations with the Eurasian Economic Union about the road map for the free trade areas (FTA) agreement, scheduled to be launched in the next few months. The Eurasian Economic Union includes Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia, and Kyrgyzstan, so this agreement will increase bilateral trade relations between Egypt and the markets of these countries.
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: