Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Why do you blend?
Mushroom Council's campaign on Blenditarian movement
Inquiring mushroom growers want to know: Why do you blend?
As the “blenditarian” movement continues to gain recognition as a top culinary trend, the Mushroom Council‘s new “I’m a Blenditarian Because…” campaign turns to mushroom fans and influencers to share why and how they blend finely chopped mushrooms with meat.
As part of the initiative, each month in 2018, the council will spotlight a renowned culinary ambassador to answer the “I’m a Blenditarian Because...” statement with original videos, recipes, social posts and images reflecting their passion for blending. The content will be shared on Blenditarian.com, the council’s and its members’ social outlets and on the ambassadors’ digital channels.
“The Blend allows me to enhance flavor and maximize nutrition all the while increasing veggies on my plate,” said integrative dietitian, chef Katie Cavuto, a wellness advocate from Nourish.Breathe.Thrive, and the first ambassador in the series. “Blending…also saves me money and allows me to eat more sustainably; all great assets in my book.”
Future ambassadors will be unveiled each month, and will feature chefs, nutritionists, menu developers and more.
In addition, the council will ask consumers why they are blenditarians with the Blenditarian Challenge, a monthly sweepstakes encouraging consumers to share on social, via the #BlenditarianChallenge hashtag, their take on a timely, seasonal blend recipe. January’s challenge spotlights “Healthy Classics,” asking consumers to give a healthy spin to iconic dishes such as tacos, burgers and meatloaves. Future challenges will spotlight themes such as back to school, game day, brunch and holidays.
At the end of each monthly challenge, the Mushroom Council will select five random participants – who each will receive a $250 gift card. At the end of the year, one randomly selected participant will win $2,500 and a $2,500 donation in her/his name to the non-profit food bank of her/his choice.
The Council and its members will promote the campaign through its social and digital channels, and mushroom brands will spotlight it with on-pack promo stickers.
“With outlets such as Today listing The Blend as top 2018 food trend, we now want to turn to home cooks and culinary influencers to tell us why The Blend is a healthy, flavorful and earth-friendly cooking practice,” said Bart Minor, president and chief executive officer for the Mushroom Council. “We look forward to discovering and sharing the hundreds of reasons, ideas and recipes we expect to collect throughout the year.”
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: