Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cambodia: New centre for agricultural research to help expand marketsChina-based Digital Agriculture Exchange, aiming specifically to up quality standards and make Cambodian produce more desirable abroad has revealed plans to build an agricultural research centre in the kingdom to improve production and packaging standards of local fruit and vegetables.
A memorandum of understanding on the project was signed earlier this week by Veng Sakhon, Minister of Agriculture, and a representative of the Chinese company. The company’s work will largely centre on boosting the quality of local fruit and vegetables to increase demand for them -both locally and internationally- with China as the main target abroad.
A khmertimeskh.com article explains how the Cambodian government is prioritising the establishments of such facilities to control the quality of its agricultural products before sending them abroad. A new centre in Kandal province, expected to come online in the next few months, will be used for cleaning and labeling produce before exporting it.
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: