Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand: Sweetcorn harvest underwayOn January 16, Cedenco Foods New Zealand Ltd. started its annual sweetcorn harvest, and the company expects a bigger yield than last year. More than 40,000 tonnes of corn is to be picked over the next three months.
The harvest started yesterday morning at all three growing locations round Wairoa, Gisborne and Tolaga Bay. In Gisborne a start was made in paddocks at Muriwai.
“We are set to kick off the harvest and while it is a bit early yet to tell how the yield and quality will turn out for the season, the crop looks good at this stage,” said Cedenco agronomy manager David Oudes. “The recent rain has improved the outlook for the season for us.”
According to the Gisborne Herald, Mr Oudes said they were on track to start the tomato harvest at the end of this month. “The fruit size has picked up with the recent rain and like the sweetcorn the tomato crop looks good at this stage.”
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: