- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Kashmir Valley: Untimely snows inflict huge losses on apple and vegetable crops
- Apples from New York® greeted more than 50,000 runners at NYC Marathon
- China: Gansu fruit export increased by 74% in first three quarters of 2018
- Costa Rica: Two people arrested for trafficking drugs in pineapples
- Uzbekistan and Belarus cement bilateral cooperation
Representative of Dutch greenhouse horticulture visits Almeria
The Westland region accounts for more than 50% of the Dutch horticultural and cut flower production in greenhouses. There are a total of 2,450 hectares of crops, with 800 producers and 60,000 jobs created. Cutting-edge companies in the sector that produce, trade, distribute and process horticultural products are also based in Westland.
Just like the Poniente almeriense, Westland is one of the most important greenhouse horticultural production regions in the world, known for its excellent infrastructure, good exchange of knowledge and efficient logistics. Therefore, the Westland horticultural group can reach almost 500 million consumers in Europe.
Similarities between El Ejido and Westland
The public representatives of El Ejido have been able to verify that the agriculture of Westland and El Ejido share the same challenges and priorities, such as attracting young people to work in the field and offering them adequate training, the implementation of a circular economy that guarantees the sustainability of the sector, and the promotion of fruit and vegetable consumption.
Marga Vintges has stressed that the cultivation of greenhouse vegetables has a great role in Westland due to the temperatures in winter and the growing demand from consumers in the surrounding large cities.
Góngora stressed that "there are great similarities between the region of Westland, also known as the 'glass region', and the Poniente almeriense, as they both host a huge number of high-end greenhouses, have a highly developed leading auxiliary industry and share a great interest in biological crop protection for their certified quality crops, which are characterised by their extraordinary flavour."
El Ejido and Westland, as well as other competing production areas in Europe, are constantly exchanging knowledge and information in order to face the challenges and problems that arise throughout the season.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Greenhouse production changes to boost wintertime yields
- 2018-11-16 Russia seeks self-sufficiency in greenhouse vegetable production
- 2018-11-16 "Our systems are making producers more interesting as employers"
- 2018-11-16 US (CA): Microgreens grower has been supplying restaurants for two decades
- 2018-11-13 Snug supply scene for greenhouse tomatoes in North America
- 2018-11-12 “Belgium greenhouse vegetables start to experience competition from the South”
- 2018-11-07 Russia: Greenhouse vegetable production up by more than 25%
- 2018-11-07 “It’s our high-tech farming that allows our Vietnamese red chili to be competitive”
- 2018-11-06 Spain: Expansion of greenhouse acreage in Eastern Andalusia
- 2018-11-05 Greenhouse courgettes: free market more favourable than green
- 2018-11-02 Results out from Village Farms' tomato taste challenge at PMA
- 2018-11-01 Turkey: Manisa ranks second in national geothermal greenhouse production
- 2018-11-01 Turkey: Greenhouse tomato grower moves harvest time to an earlier date
- 2018-10-31 Pakistani farmers urged to grow off-season vegetables
- 2018-10-30 Local produce brand expands to Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia
- 2018-10-26 Fresh produce industry supports targeted carbon tax relief for greenhouse growers
- 2018-10-25 Russian tomato grower to invest $550 million in Uzbekistan project
- 2018-10-19 US (CA): Smart Cannabis retrofits greenhouses in Monterey County
- 2018-10-18 Greenhouse grower to offer taste-tests "behind closed doors" at PMA
- 2018-10-18 Can the Russian greenhouse industry overcome challenges?