Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Open day at Vvibes
The first Vvibes Open Day took place a few days ago. Over 400 people attended including producers, technicians and dealers from central and south-western Sicily. The brand new R&D facility was also unveiled.
Event focused on new commercial varieties
Varieties presented included a new cherry tomato called Valentino F1, which has excellent characteristics that include early ripening. Bunches are bright red and extremely regularly proportioned.
Other varieties presented were: Placido F1 - new elegant midi-plum with plants that tolerate cold well, meaning they are suitable for winter cycles. In addition, they are vigorous and highly productive. X14 F1, is a San Marzano characterised by strong plants producing a lot of uniform regular bunches. Fruits have a typical San Marzano shape, they are bright red and their grade is perfect for this segment.
Over the past couple of years, Vvibes has grown a lot thanks to its research, which is conducted directly in the production areas of interest. The productive world seems to appreciate its varieties a lot.
Vvibes also develops rootstocks: Selvaggio F1 is an interspecific tomato rootstock that is becoming increasingly popular thanks to its resistance to soil-borne diseases and the balanced vegetative/productive effect. Fruits have a deeper colour with an unaltered Brix level.
Via Magenta, 432
97019 Vittoria (RG) - Italy
Tel.: +39 389 4430170 (Western Sicily)
Tel.: +39 327 5719720 (Eastern Sicily)
Publication date: 1/17/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: