Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hanoi will now start using QR codes to trace fruitAccording to a plan issued by the Hanoi People’s Committee, starting this year the city of Hanoi plans a pilot programme on using technology to trace the origins of agricultural products. This programme is an effort to further ensure consumer health. It will use a quick response (QR) code plastering application to provide information about fruits at shops in the city.
The plan aims to improve the efficiency of state management of food safety, strengthen management capacities and control the quality and traceability of agricultural products in Hanoi. It also aims to reduce administrative procedures, management costs and human resources, save time and raise the effectiveness of the fight against smuggling and trade fraud.
According to a vietnamnews.vn article, along with the pilot application of QR codes to control the origin of fruits, the city will also apply a pilot authentication code against fake goods, using QR codes to trace the sources of products.
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: