Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Malaysia: Sarawak can plant premium export quality MD2 pineapplesDeputy Chief Minister Datuk Amar Douglas Uggah Embas recently told the media that industry players are now allowed to bring in pineapple suckers, as the government has reviewed its policy.
“For Sarawak, we have resolved the issue. Our strategy will be to look for farmers who can produce planting materials for the next one or two years,” Uggah told The Borneo Post at the launch of a pilot Premium Pineapple Farm at Kampung Padang Pan.
“This pioneer Premium Pineapple project will determine the future direction of the Sarawak pineapple industry. For a start the government will plant four hectares of land with an allocation of 300,000 Malaysian ringgit (62,000 euros). And this pilot farm will become a nursery to further develop a total area of 129 hectares.
“In the past, pineapples have been linked to peaty soil but this project shows us that it can be planted in hilly areas on a mass scale. This will definitely increase the acreage of land feasible for pineapple projects.”
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: