Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
10% increase in export volume of Dutch onionsThe Netherlands has dominated the global onion market yet again in the first half of this export season. Looking at the total amount of exported Holland Onions compared to the season of 2016-2017 we see an increase of over 10% in volume. This growth can be traced back to almost all the export destinations. Countries such as Mali and Sierra Leone are even heading towards a doubling of the export compared to last season and the season before it. The Holland Onion is also doing well on the South American continent. The export to Brazil is gradually rising again compared to last season. "Chili knocked on our door as a new export destination and we are working on conquering Colombia with our National export hero."
"Once again we can report a substantial number of new destinations. We have, for example, shipped our first batch of containers to Greenland. But also exotic destinations such as Mayotte, one of the tropical islands of the Comoros, can be found on this list. The total number of export destinations, places where containers are in fact being shipped to, is currently 130 countries. If however we look at the registered visits on our website www.holland-onions.org, the count stands at no less than 154 visiting countries. So there are still plenty more opportunities."
"In Central America we can see substantial growth in the export to Guatemala, Panama as well as El Salvador. Taiwan is also importing large amounts of Holland Onions this season and we have shipped containers to the east coast of Africa. All really interesting developments providing good opportunities."
"Closer to home we can see east European countries as Bulgaria and Hungary becoming more and more enthusiastic about the Holland Onion. Both countries are growing explosively showing a great trust in the quality of our Holland Onion. A quality that will have a sustainable future thanks to the unique Dutch research programme Uireka (www.uireka.nl)."
The 5 top positions are currently occupied by Senegal, Ivory Coast, United Kingdom, Mali and Malaysia.
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: