Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Sharp rise in vegetable price inflationWhen India's inflation reached a 15-month high last November, many experts and analysts predicted that the indicator would overshoot the Reserve Bank of India’s target by the end of Fiscal Year 2018.
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation stood at 4.88% in November 2017, up from 3.58% in October, and up 3.63% from the same month in the previous year. CPI inflation, which had been rising for two consecutive months in November, was also higher than market expectations for the third time.
According to a zeebiz.com article, the latest uptick was mostly led by a sharp rise in vegetables inflation, which shot up to a four-year high of 22.5% in November 2017 (from 7.5% in the October 2017). Vegetables contributed 90 basis point to the month-on-month rise in the headline inflation number.
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: