Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Thai fruits and vegetables to flood Vietnamese marketVietnam expects the volume of fruits and vegetables imported from Thailand to surge this year: import tariffs imposed on these products are reduced to zero percent. This will surely increase the pressure on its own, Vietnamese producers.
In 2017, Vietnam imported over 1.55 billion USD worth of fruits and vegetables, with Thai products accounting for a lion’s share of the sum. Thailand’s fruits and vegetables have a secure foothold in Vietnam and are currently taking up more shares in the market.
According to an en.vietnamplus.vn article, a number of Thai fruits such as durian, purple mangosteen and rambutan are also grown in Vietnam but still gain favour from local consumers. Thai fruits and vegetables have more stable and year-round supply compared to their Vietnamese peers. On top of that, the Vietnamese products are said to have shortcomings in the post-harvest preservation process and packaging, making them less attractive to domestic consumers.
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: