Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Tsunami hits Mallorca and Menorca
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
California specialty citrus brand sees increase in sales
As consumers flock to the produce aisle after the New Year in search of diet-friendly fruits and vegetables, Sun Pacific is reporting an increase in sales for their specialty citrus brand, Vintage Sweets. Vintage Sweets Heirloom Navel Oranges made their debut in January of 2015 and are marketed as a premium navel brand to consumers looking for superior taste, sweetness and eating experience.
Vintage Sweets oranges are selected from 100-year-old trees through sensory aspects like touching, feeling, smelling and tasting the fruit, along with science that tests sugar levels to ensure sweetness. The brand is also verified by the Non-GMO Project, an attribute that is increasingly important to consumers in their premium produce selections.
“Specialty citrus continues to increase its share of the citrus category, and Vintage Sweets present a terrific complement and co-merchandising item with our Cuties and Cara Cara Navel oranges,” said Howard Nager, VP Marketing & Business Development at Sun Pacific.
“As the largest independent navel grower in the U.S., we have good supply and excellent quality to meet the needs of our retail consumers.”
Vintage Sweets are available in bulk, as well as 3-pound bags and 6-count shrink-wrapped trays. The brand’s black and orange vintage-look packaging and merchandisers set the expectation of a premium experience that aims to stand out in the produce department. “The sharp graphics and display materials highlight this fruit and put it front and center for impulse purchases,” Nager says.
“Retailers are excited to highlight the growing story of Vintage Sweets being hand-picked from our best old-line groves, where we are testing for peak sugar levels and the perfect flavor,” said Nager.
For more information:
+1 (213) 612-9957
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: