Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
Compagnie Fruitière labels its "SCB Naturally Labelled Organic Bananas" using a method to durably label fresh produce, replacing paper labels.
Laser-labelled organic bananas and spraying drones in a banana plantation
The eco-friendly technique involves applying an indelible mark directly onto the banana peel. Using the light of a high-definition laser, this results in only light localised pressure on the outer layer of the skin.
The exhibitor has also developed an integrated crop protection strategy to preserve the sustainability of its banana production. Based on flexible, GPS-controlled and extremely manoeuvrable spraying drones, it enables targeted control of plantation edges and young banana plantations for optimised crop protection.
For more information:
Hall 5.2, Booth D-09
Tel: + 33 4 9110 1710
Publication date: 1/22/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: