Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
BioTropic installs four new mango ripening chambers
Four mango ripening chambers and a new mango sorting machine were recently installed at BioTropic's main site in Duisburg.
Following an initial test phase, BioTropic will be supplying ready-to-eat organic quality mangos from January 2018. Biotropic explained the process: First the fruits are delivered to the facility before they are ripe.
After a brief storage period, the remaining quality measures take place in the mango ripening chambers where humidity and temperature restart the ripening process in a natural way.
This enables optimal development of the aroma and sugar content (Brix value). After the precisely-timed ripening, the mangos enter the quality control phase managed by the sorting machine which individually checks each fruit. For example, the checks include pressure testing to determine the fruit's firmness.
For more information:
Hall 5.2, Booth C-03
Tel: +49 203 518760
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: