Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Polish carboard packaging getting a lot of attentionNominated for an innovation award at last year's Fruit Logisitica 2017 in Berlin, and featured in the spotlight for Fruit Logistica 2018, SoFruPak is positive about the future of their cardboard packaging solutions.
SoFruPak specialises in the packaging of soft fruits and vegetables and according to Commercial director Adam Sikorski, the system can be easily modified to fit customer needs for a variety of products. The cardboard packaging is sent as flatpack, making it easy to transport. The boxes can then be constructed in two clicks and in addition to the core function, can be used as an advertising medium, with graphics printed directly onto the box.
"We participated in a lot of meetings during 2017 with countries like Germany and Switzerland, who have shown a lot of interest in our product. We even won the Innovation award at the ExpoSe fair in Karlsruhe. This week we'll be testing the market in the Benelux by attending the 'Strawberry Day' on 10 January (www.aardbeidag.nl), followed by the International SoftFruitConference, both being held in the Netherlands," Sikorski said.
The company continues to develop, and the newest line, SoFruMiniPak® Premium has been designed with a plastic lid, to meet EU closed packaging requirements. A variety of sizes are available, 150g, 250g and 500g.
The new series of packagings in System SoFruBox® are equipped with a hole in the bottom of the boxes, which helps to cool the fruits faster and more efficiently.
"Our packaging is patent pending and although common uses are soft fruits and cherry tomatoes, we recently received requests for mushrooms and mangoes and are working on a special packaging for asparagus."
The company plans on continuing to share their product with the world this year, participating in exhibitions in France, Spain, Italy, Finland, Russia and Dubai.
Those interested in learning more about the Sofru packaging system will not need to wait long if they will be attending Fruit Logistica in Berlin at the beginning of next month. SofruPak will be located in Hall B (CityCube) A-08.
For more information:
Tel: +48 725 591 457
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: