Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Lipu taro price increased dramatically"
"Lipu taro has become an important traditional product from Lipu County in Guangxi. After 2,000 years of gradual development, it has grown from a few hectares to over 1,000 hectares (10,000 mu), currently reaching over 4,000 hectares (40,000 mu). For many years, the supply has not met the demand. The Lipu taro production starts in September, and lasts until May the next year. Because of floods, this year's Lipu taro production is 20% smaller than last year's," according to Mr. Tang Jinghong of the Rong Fa Taro Plantation in Qinglong Town, Pingle County.
Freshly harvested taro
"This year, because of a drop in the overall production, the price has risen dramatically. It is now around 5 yuan per 500 gram, which is an increase of 25% to 45% from last year's prices of 3.5 to 4 yuan."
Taro waiting to be sorted
"Our taro fields are located in Qinglong Town, Pingle County, in Guilin, Guangxi, where we have around 30 hectares (300 mu). Currently, we are mainly selling our taro through traditional sales channels to large supermarkets and communities in first and second tier cities in China, such as Beijing, Shandong and Shenzhen, and to Hong Kong. We are also selling smaller quantities through e-commerce platforms (around 10%). This year, we are planning to join with traders who are looking for delicious taro and can purchase regularly."
Rong Fa Taro Plantation, Qinglong Town, Pingle County
Phone: +86 134 8136 6688
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: