Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mae Sot district, Thailand:
Onions & garlic smuggled from Myanmar seizedCustoms officials and soldiers have seized more than 15 tonnes of onions and garlic, illegally smuggled from Myanmar into the Mae Sot district. It is the largest catch of untaxed agricultural produce in recent years.
A total of 150 fertiliser sacks containing 7,500 kg of smuggled onions worth 900,000 baht (23,300 euros) and 7,995 kg of smuggled garlic worth 400,000 baht (10,400 euros), along with the 950,000-baht (24,600 euros) truck carrying them, were seized on Friday.
The seized goods had been smuggled from Myawaddy town, Myanmar. According to the Kaplan Herald, the driver, whose name was not identified, failed to explain where he obtained those goods. He was detained.
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: