Job offersmore »
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Spain: Sentinel II optical sorting machine debuts on television
- Spain: Organic food consumption continues to grow
- Foreign trade characterized by banking measures and import regulation
- It’s Fresh! secures $10 million investment from AgroFresh
- Firms announce deeper collaboration on M&A's in produce sector
Exchange ratesmore »
Mae Sot district, Thailand:
Onions & garlic smuggled from Myanmar seizedCustoms officials and soldiers have seized more than 15 tonnes of onions and garlic, illegally smuggled from Myanmar into the Mae Sot district. It is the largest catch of untaxed agricultural produce in recent years.
A total of 150 fertiliser sacks containing 7,500 kg of smuggled onions worth 900,000 baht (23,300 euros) and 7,995 kg of smuggled garlic worth 400,000 baht (10,400 euros), along with the 950,000-baht (24,600 euros) truck carrying them, were seized on Friday.
The seized goods had been smuggled from Myawaddy town, Myanmar. According to the Kaplan Herald, the driver, whose name was not identified, failed to explain where he obtained those goods. He was detained.
Publication date: 1/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: