Job offersmore »
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chinese delegation explores local Cambodian marketsA delegation of some of China’s biggest companies in the food-processing industry is researching local Cambodian markets for agri investment opportunities. Currently, they are looking to invest in rice, cassava, processed mango and other fruit. The group is made up of representatives from nine Chinese companies.
Khmertimeskh.com was told opportunities in the local agriculture market are limitless, as the kingdom is boasting a great variety of agricultural products. Commerce Minister Pan Sorasak said the delegation’s visit represents a huge opportunity for the agriculture sector, which is lacking key infrastructure such as food-processing factories.
“We have the raw material, but we don’t have many factories. Our doors are always open for Chinese investors who want to build factories and warehouses in Cambodia,” Mr Sorasak said.
He asked investors to consider investments in cassava-processing plants, with the kingdom’s total cassava production amounting to 14 million tonnes of the tuber per year. “Cassava is the product we produce the most of, after rice.”
Trade between Cambodia and China has been increasing on average by 26 percent every year since 2007. In 2016, bilateral trade reached $4 billion, with Cambodian exports valued at $830 million and imports worth $3 billion.
Publication date: 1/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: