Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
First batch of Chinese fresh produce of 2018 exported to KazakhstanOn Monday morning, the first batch of Chinese fruits and vegetables of the year was delivered to Almaty, as reported by the Chinese news agency Zhongxinshe.
According to the report, this batch of Chinese agricultural products was delivered to Kazakhstan by the International Trading Company "Jingyi", based in Khorgos, Xinjiang-Uygur Autonomous Region (XUAR, North-West China).
Mr Yu Huan, deputy general director of the company "Jinxi", stated that all fruit and vegetables, with a volume totalling 600 tonnes, were shipped to order. Apples were the most prominent product.
"We hope that Almaty residents will be able to taste our freshest fruits on the first day of the New Year," said Mr Yu Huan.
It is worth noting that the Khorgos crossing checkpoint is one of the main connections between China and Kazakhstan. It also operates as an important collection and distribution point for fruits and vegetables brought to north-western China.
According to statistics released on the official website of the Khorgos administration, the total volume of fruits and vegetables exported through Khorgos in the first 11 months of 2017 stood at 119.1 thousand tonnes, which is 39.07% more than in the same period of 2016.
Publication date: 1/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: