Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentina: Strawberries to enter the US free of tariffs
The Minister of Productive Development, Juan Luis Fernandez, said that, after being excluded from the General System of Preferences (GSP) for five years by the US Government, Argentina would once again be benefited by it. "This implies that a series of Argentine products can enter this market without paying tariffs. In the case of Tucuman, this decision will benefit the production of strawberries, as it will recover its competitiveness in that market," said the official.
The measure will benefit around 500 Argentine products. The Foreign Ministry stated that "Argentina had been suspended from this system in the year 2012."
According to a press release, the United States Trade Representative (USTR), Robert Lighthizer, announced that President Donald Trump had signed the measure, after two years of intense negotiations.
"The incorporation of our country to the GSP will benefit the regional economies. In Tucuman it will especially benefit the strawberry sector, which could not enter the United States, the most demanding market in the world, since 2012," said Governor Juan Manzur.
Argentina is the third biggest producer of strawberries in South America, after Brazil and Chile, with approximately 1,300 hectares and a production of around 45,500 tons.
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: