Job offersmore »
- VP Sales and Marketing - Warsaw
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Rwanda bans fruits imports from South AfricaRwanda has banned the import of meat, dairy products, vegetables and fruit from South Africa because of the purported presence of the listeriosis viral disease. The ban, aimed to prevent the spread of the disease to Rwanda, became effective on December 19th 2017.
Listeriosis is a serious, but treatable and preventable disease caused by the bacterium listeria monocytogenes which is widely distributed in nature and can be found in soil, water and vegetation. Symptoms from the food-borne disease include diarrhoea, fever, general body pains, vomiting and overall weakness.
The import of vegetables and fruits from South Africa is banned until that country is declared free of listeriosis, nationco.ke learned from in an official statement.
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: