Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
International cargo facility at Pune not a big hit with Indian exportersSome six months ago, the Indian international cargo facility at Pune Airport was presented with much fanfare. However, response from both exporters and airlines has so far been lukewarm. Information obtained from airport officials shows that an average of 430 kg cargo is exported every day from Pune Airport, against the expected shipment of 20 tonnes per day.
Of the four airlines that undertake international flights from there, only SpiceJet is using the international cargo facility. Support services such as cold storages have yet to be erected. And this might well be the cause of the tepid response. Efficient cold storage facilities could really to help exporters of products such as vegetables and flowers; important goods exported from Pune and its vicinity.
The international cargo facility, which was delayed due to several issues, was finally inaugurated on June 27 last year. Airport officials had expected the cargo volume to touch 40,000 tonnes per year, starting with an average of 20 tonnes kg per day. According to the Indian Express, however, the actual cargoes shipped were much, much smaller.
Nevertheless, officials remain optimistic about the future of the facilities. “Things will pick up as more operators will join in and we will get more direct flights.”
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: