Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Haryana becomes first state to offer protected vegetable pricesHaryana has become the first state in India to fix a protected price for vegetable crops. The 'Bhavantar Bharpai Yojna' or the price deficit compensation scheme will ensure farmers of protected prices for their vegetables.
Agriculture Minister Om Prakash Dhankar stated that the scheme will be a boon for farmers, and went on to say that the primary objective of this scheme is to ensure that the farmers will no longer face distress sales of their produce.
According to uniindia.com, the protected price or base price will be fixed equivalent to cultivation costs. Whenever the prices fall below the input or cultivation costs of the farmer, the state government will compensate for the price deficit.
In the initial phase four vegetable crops -- potatoes, onions, tomatoes and cauliflower have been included in the scheme. The scheme will be coordinated by Agricultural and Marketing Board. The scheme was launched in the Tarawadi area of the Karnal district on December 30th.
Publication date: 1/4/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: