Job offersmore »
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Spain: Sentinel II optical sorting machine debuts on television
- Spain: Organic food consumption continues to grow
- Foreign trade characterized by banking measures and import regulation
- It’s Fresh! secures $10 million investment from AgroFresh
- Firms announce deeper collaboration on M&A's in produce sector
Exchange ratesmore »
Costa Rica to close 2017 with banana export recordCosta Rica will close this year with a record in banana exports, both in volume and in revenues.
Jorge Sauma, the general manager of the National Banana Corporation, expects total exports by the end of 2017 to have reached about 125 million boxes [of 18.14 kilograms each].
It is also estimated that -for the first time- sales of the fruit will exceed the annual number of one billion dollars. Plenglish.com learned these figures are higher than last year; in 2016, Costa Rica closed on 121 million boxes sold, for an income of 998 million. For the agricultural sector, the National Banana Corporation is fundamental, providing employment to 40,000 people directly and to some 100,000 indirectly.
Publication date: 1/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: