Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Costa Rica to close 2017 with banana export recordCosta Rica will close this year with a record in banana exports, both in volume and in revenues.
Jorge Sauma, the general manager of the National Banana Corporation, expects total exports by the end of 2017 to have reached about 125 million boxes [of 18.14 kilograms each].
It is also estimated that -for the first time- sales of the fruit will exceed the annual number of one billion dollars. Plenglish.com learned these figures are higher than last year; in 2016, Costa Rica closed on 121 million boxes sold, for an income of 998 million. For the agricultural sector, the National Banana Corporation is fundamental, providing employment to 40,000 people directly and to some 100,000 indirectly.
Publication date: 1/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: