Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
4 new Italian stores opened by Penny Market
Booths: lower sales in 2016/17Denmark: First Aldi City-store opens in the centre of Copenhagen
Aldi Danmark has opened the first City-store in Gothersgade in the centre of Copenhagen. The store is part of the modernisation plan of Aldi. Customers can enjoy, amongst other treats, the quality of Coffee-to-go, freshly baked bread, a wide variety of convenience products, plus a Fruit&Green area.
Please click here to read more at linkedin.com
4 new stores in Italy opened by Penny Market
Penny Market, the German discount supermarket chain has opened 4 new stores in Italy during December. The store openings are part of the retailer's expansion project, which aims to invest €200mln in the two-year period 2017-2018, of which €96mln was reserved for 2017.
Please click here to read the rest of the article at esmmagazine.com
French retail market share
UK: Lower sales in 2016/17 for Booths
UK supermarket operator Booths posted results, showing sales dropped by 4.3% to £263mln. Edwin Booth, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Booths commented: 'The intensely competitive and fragmented market within which we trade is now the new normal and Booths will adapt so as to address market opportunities through existing and new channels. Our pricing platform will continue to be refined to be more relevant to the convenience customer, while ensuring that Booths remains special. There will be a renewed focus on service at stores, and a concerted effort to attract new customers who may not have considered Booths as part of their grocery store repertoire', according to igd.
US: Kroger expands "Scan, Bag, Go"
Kroger’s Scan, Bag, Go offering will be provided in 400 stores. The offering gives customers the opportunity to walk through the store and scan their products with a provided scanner or the Kroger Scan, Bag, Go app, then pay at a self-checkout.
Please click here to read the rest of the article at drugstorenews.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: