Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Malaysia: RIPI sees great opportunities for export of super sweet pineapples
Malaysian company Rompin Integrated Pineapple Industries (RIPI) is focusing on the production of healthy foodstuffs, such as super sweet pineapples, all the while providing a steady livelihood for the local community in Pahang.
The East Coast Economic Region Development Council appointed RIPI as the anchor company in developing, operating and managing the 607-hectare pineapple plantation to help raise the standard of living in the state. The company plans to expand its pineapple plantation to 5,000 hectares within five years, scmo.com was told.
RIPI exports 70 per cent fresh fruit and 30 per cent processed products such as fruit snacks and juices. The Pahang-based company also makes snacks from dried papaya, guava and jackfruit. The company primarily caters to China, Japan and South Korea, export markets where consumers have very discerning tastes.
Publication date: 1/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: