Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Malaysia: RIPI sees great opportunities for export of super sweet pineapples
Malaysian company Rompin Integrated Pineapple Industries (RIPI) is focusing on the production of healthy foodstuffs, such as super sweet pineapples, all the while providing a steady livelihood for the local community in Pahang.
The East Coast Economic Region Development Council appointed RIPI as the anchor company in developing, operating and managing the 607-hectare pineapple plantation to help raise the standard of living in the state. The company plans to expand its pineapple plantation to 5,000 hectares within five years, scmo.com was told.
RIPI exports 70 per cent fresh fruit and 30 per cent processed products such as fruit snacks and juices. The Pahang-based company also makes snacks from dried papaya, guava and jackfruit. The company primarily caters to China, Japan and South Korea, export markets where consumers have very discerning tastes.
Publication date: 1/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: