Job offersmore »
- VP Sales and Marketing - Warsaw
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Azerbaijan supplies Russian market after Turkish cuts
Tomatoes top Azerbaijani non-oil exports
Russian grocery stores will soon be filled with an abundance of Azerbaijani tomatoes; more than ten companies from this country have been certified by Moscow authorities to supply what is the region’s largest market and economy with organic vegetables.
Azerbaijan’s tomato industry is currently the most profitable non-oil industry in exports. This nation is the Caspian region’s fourth largest economy. Tomato exports increased by 60 percent and accounted for 128.8 million dollars during the first nine months of 2017.
According to caspiannews.com, in the last weeks of 2017, fourteen Azerbaijani companies received certification for the delivery of tomatoes to the Russian market. Their total capacity is more than 60,000 tons, so large shipments to Russia are underway.
Publication date: 1/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: