Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Microbial fertilizer increases soil fertility and improves product quality"
"Microbial agents can have three different functions when they are applied in agriculture. Firstly, they increase the fertility of the soil. They also help the absorption of nutrition by the crops, and of nitrogen from the air. Lastly, they strengthen the disease and drought resistance of the plants. That is why microbial fertilizer is more effective in improving the product quality than in increasing the production quantity," according to a representative of Shaanxi Feng Dan Bai Li Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
The company manager at a field with his team
The company manager is offering his services at the countryside
"Our company was founded in 2005. We mainly deal with the research, development and sales of solid and liquid microbial agents. Our Kimidori products have been very effective in fruit and field crop production areas all over China. There are differences between our solid and liquid products, and they have different functions, but their applications are the same."
A specialist is providing guidance on site
Customers are visiting an apple orchard
"Currently, we are selling our products both online and offline. We are mainly doing brand management online, and direct distribution to the Xinfade market offline. We are now preparing to expand to supermarkets, and establish representatives nationwide as well. Furthermore, we have local market directors all over China, who are responsible for the sales and after-sales. We are also joining hands with agricultural specialists. They are providing technical guidance for some of the common plant diseases in fruit trees and fields."
The Qianyang orchard
The Shanhai cherry orchard
"The added value of our products can be seen in the good taste and high sugar degree of the fruit. The most important thing is that we are following our strict regulations during the harvest, meaning that we do not use pesticides to guarantee the control of our resources. In Mei County, Shaanxi, we have chosen to only sell fruit from farmers who have been using our fertilizer for at least three to five years. That is how our ecological agriculture has taken shape. Furthermore, we have purchased a cherry orchard of 20 hectares (200 mu) in Shanhai, and a winter date orchard of 20 hectares (200 mu) in Dali, Shaanxi. Close to the Baiyuan Airport in Guangdong, we have bought land for the plantation of oranges as well."
A specialist is providing guidance on site
A product with microbial agents
"Our company has its own research and development center for our microbial fertilizer. We are also collaborating with professors from many agricultural institutes, such as the China Agricultural University and the Agricultural University of Hebei. They are researching different plant diseases, such as root rot and decay. We are working together with the Canadian Feng Dan Bai Lu company as well, so that we can use its advanced agents in our new products."
Company: Shaanxi Feng Dan Bai Li Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 135 0315 6737
Publication date: 1/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: