- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Myanmar: State government and private sector to cultivate ginger in Rakhine
One of the more viable avenues for growth and economic development in Rakhine is in the cultivation of ginger and production of ginger-based goods. Already, a draft plan to establish a ginger plantation in the State is in the works, the MyanMar Times learned.
Ginger is a staple of local diets and the country also exports 3 million dollars worth of ginger to Bangladesh each year. Even though ginger is now planted mainly in the south of Shan State, conditions in Rakhine State are favourable for cultivation.
From Rakhine, ginger can also be exported directly to Bangladesh, which is more cost-effective as Rakhine ginger farmers can save on transportation costs. While there are also opportunities to export ginger to the US, Netherlands and Germany, demand for Myanmar ginger from Bangladesh is currently the greatest.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/26/2018 Malaysia: Shift from oil palm to tropical fruit industry in Sabah
- 09/26/2018 The San Cono OP Prickly Pear aims at innovation and international markets
- 09/26/2018 Soursop imports continue to build
- 09/26/2018 Thailand: Oversupply and imports strike coconut industry
- 09/25/2018 US market less interested in "King Coconuts"
- 09/25/2018 Australian pomegranate research leads to major science symposium hosting rights
- 09/25/2018 Australian papaya growers set for bumper crop
- 09/25/2018 Spain: Cobella expects to harvest 150 tons of pomegranates in first commercial season
- 09/25/2018 Spain: Producer bets on pitahaya cultivation in Huelva
- 09/25/2018 Vietnam: Vinh Phuc province exports first red flesh dragon fruits to Australia
- 09/25/2018 Malaysia needs more land for pineapple cultivation
- 09/25/2018 Vietnam's fruits need to gain domestic market before exporting
- 09/25/2018 South African villagers to tap into 'superfood' baobab trend
- 09/24/2018 Colombia: European businessmen in Pereira get to know the Hass avocado offer
- 09/24/2018 Camposol's growth, limited by lower sales of avocados
- 09/24/2018 ''South American season of air-shipped mangoes in full swing''
- 09/24/2018 China : Jinxiang garlic prices rise as Mid-Autumn festival approaches
- 09/21/2018 First export of red-heart kiwifruit from Liupanshui to Russia
- 09/21/2018 Organic industry in Thailand increases production for China
- 09/21/2018 "50% of kiwi-berries lost because of rainfall and floodwater"