Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Myanmar: State government and private sector to cultivate ginger in RakhineThe Rakhine regional Government is set to cooperate with the private sector to cultivate ginger in Rakhine State, according to the Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (UMFCCI).
One of the more viable avenues for growth and economic development in Rakhine is in the cultivation of ginger and production of ginger-based goods. Already, a draft plan to establish a ginger plantation in the State is in the works, the MyanMar Times learned.
Ginger is a staple of local diets and the country also exports 3 million dollars worth of ginger to Bangladesh each year. Even though ginger is now planted mainly in the south of Shan State, conditions in Rakhine State are favourable for cultivation.
From Rakhine, ginger can also be exported directly to Bangladesh, which is more cost-effective as Rakhine ginger farmers can save on transportation costs. While there are also opportunities to export ginger to the US, Netherlands and Germany, demand for Myanmar ginger from Bangladesh is currently the greatest.
Publication date: 12/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: