Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Sweet potatoes gaining ground in GermanySweet potatoes are gaining ground in the German market, offering manufacturers in various product categories a wide range to improve the nutritional content of their products.
This growing popularity is in line with the preferences of consumers, since three quarters of them in Germany say they would like to try different varieties of fruits/vegetables, according to a study conducted by the market intelligence agency Mintel.
Sweet potatoes are becoming increasingly popular not only in Germany, but across Europe. Although the market for sweet potatoes is still relatively small, imports and consumption are growing rapidly.
The growing preference for the tuber can be attributed to several factors, such as its good taste, high versatility and, in particular, to their well-balanced nutritional composition.
In addition to its health benefits, the demand for sweet potatoes relies on the behaviour of European consumers, who are seeking variety.
As consumers become more aware of healthy nutrition habits and pay more attention to the quality of their diet, the popularity of sweet potatoes is expected to continue rising.
Publication date: 12/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: