Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Planting in Sarawak:
Indonesian Ministry ensures sufficient MD2 pineapple suckersIn Sarawak, efforts are being made to produce sufficient MD2 pineapple suckers to be planted. Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Agri-based Industries Datuk Anthony Nogeh said some 100,000 MD2 pineapple suckers are expected to arrive from Johor next year for trials and propagation.
Currently, about 700,000 MD2 pineapple seedlings produced by culturing plant tissue are being nurtured at Kampung Pijuru, Bau. The seedlings will be left there to bear fruit and produce suckers. The suckers then would be distributed to the farmers, especially the planters in Mas Gading.
According to The Borneo Post, Nogeh said the nursery was set up to ensure there is a constant supply of MD2 pineapple suckers to farmers, not just in Mas Gading, but also in the state. Unlike other varieties, the MD2 pineapples are meant for export because these fruit can withstand long journeys.
Publication date: 12/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: