Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Tsunami hits Mallorca and Menorca
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam PM seeks better logistics for fruit and vegetable exportsSpeaking at a forum titled “Market Development for Fruit and Vegetables, and Solutions for the Development of Logistics Systems for Agriculture and Rural Areas” held in Dong Thap province on December 18, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc urged the Mekong Delta region to improve logistics to increase fruit and vegetable exports to global markets.
Phuc urged the region to continue to keep up with new trends in the global market and to take advantage of the fourth industrial revolution and apply advanced technologies in farming to produce the best quality fruit and vegetables.
According to vietnamnet.vn, the ratio of logistic costs to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Vietnam is 20.8 percent. The average ratio of logistics costs to GDP globally is 11.7 percent.
The major hurdles include an underdeveloped infrastructure and an overloaded road network. Thus it becomes essential for businesses and farmers to build production chains of safe fruits and vegetables and use hi-tech agriculture in order to reach the export target of 3 billion USD by the end of this year.
Around 40 kinds of Vietnamese fruits and vegetables are exported to 40 countries and territories, including major export markets such as mainland China, Japan, the Republic of Korea, the US, Malaysia and Thailand.
Publication date: 12/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: