Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Special Thai variety can be pre-ordered:
Phuket pineapples, at just 400 euros eachRecently, orders are being taken for a local variety of pineapple valued at more than 15,000 baht each. Buyers must hurry, as they are very popular. The Phuket pineapple is renowned for its unique and mellow flavour, crisp texture and pleasant aroma.
A total of 109 prize pineapples will be available for pre-order, of which nine will be specially packaged and priced at 15,430 baht (400 euros) each. The remainder will sell at prices starting from 1,543 baht (40 euros) each, which the province expects to bring in as much as 450,000 baht (11,685 euros) in total.
The Bangkok Post reports the nine special pineapples will be handed to the buyers personally, stylishly packaged with a gold pineapple pendant, before the Chinese New Year in February. The other 100 will be sent to customers at the same time.
The Chinese New Year is a big event in Phuket, which is home to many Thai-Chinese families. The fruit is used in paying homage to deities and ancestors during the festival. People believe it will bring them good fortune.
Publication date: 12/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: