Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canary tropical fruits promoted in MadridThe traditional Canary bananas, accompanied by pineapples and other popular fruits, such as avocados, passion fruit or mangoes, and some less popular ones, such as papayas or pitayas, arrived this week in Madrid in the framework of various promotional actions in markets and hospitality establishments.
The Councillor of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Water of the Government of the Canary Islands, Narvay Quintero, visited the Prosperidad market in the capital, where cooking workshops for adults using these foods are given.
Quintero pointed out that this initiative is part of the "Grow Together" project, with which the Canary agro-food sector hopes to take advantage of the boost of tourism: the economic engine of the islands.
In fact, during the different promotional actions for tropical fruits, Quintero has been accompanied by the Deputy Councillor of Tourism, Cristóbal de la Rosa.
"Given the orography and climate of the archipelago, Canary tropical and subtropical fruits are unique," underlined the Councillor. That is why they are promoting them in a "market as interesting as Madrid" with the support of the City Council.
This is the first package of promotional actions within the framework of the "Grow Together" project, an initiative co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund that will culminate with the opening of a distribution hub for agricultural products from the Canary Islands in Madrid.
Publication date: 12/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: