Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
- "New melon programmes from Honduras are a nice addition"
- World Vegetable Map 2018: More than just a local affair
- Drones and laser labels for sustainable banana production
- An Australian first, blood oranges processed for Sicilian customers
- Mexico: Avocados from Jalisco will enter the US, regardless of what happens to the NAFTA
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Central American frozen fruit exports grew by 60%
Costa Rica was the main exporter of frozen fruits in Central America between January and June 2017, with $40 million. It was followed by Guatemala, with $16 million, El Salvador, with $2 million and Nicaragua with $300 thousand. Panama and Honduras didn't register exports.
Between the first semester of 2016 and the same period of 2017, the exported volume of frozen fruits grew by 60%, from 24 thousand tons in 2016 to 39 thousand tons in 2017.
The export value also increased, as it went from $36 million to $57 million.
Between January 2012 and June 2017, the average price per kilo of Central American frozen fruit exports increased by 30%, as it went from $1.15 to $1.49.
During the first semester of 2017, US imports of Central American frozen fruits accounted for 55% of the total value exported by the region. It was followed by Canada with 10%, Belgium with 6%, the United Kingdom with 5%, and the Netherlands with 4%.
Publication date: 12/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: