Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Central American frozen fruit exports grew by 60%
Costa Rica was the main exporter of frozen fruits in Central America between January and June 2017, with $40 million. It was followed by Guatemala, with $16 million, El Salvador, with $2 million and Nicaragua with $300 thousand. Panama and Honduras didn't register exports.
Between the first semester of 2016 and the same period of 2017, the exported volume of frozen fruits grew by 60%, from 24 thousand tons in 2016 to 39 thousand tons in 2017.
The export value also increased, as it went from $36 million to $57 million.
Between January 2012 and June 2017, the average price per kilo of Central American frozen fruit exports increased by 30%, as it went from $1.15 to $1.49.
During the first semester of 2017, US imports of Central American frozen fruits accounted for 55% of the total value exported by the region. It was followed by Canada with 10%, Belgium with 6%, the United Kingdom with 5%, and the Netherlands with 4%.
Publication date: 12/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: