Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Researcher develops two new large varieties of Haskap
The Haskap is a red fruit of Japanese origin. After a recent selection process in the United States two new varieties have been discovered. The varieties TANA (US PP26 706 P2) and KAPU (US PP26 820 P2) are new varieties with 100% Japanese genetic background and are the fruit of the work carried out by Dr. Maxine Thompson in Oregon, USA.
These new varieties are distinguished from the competition by bigger fruit, a later flowering and erect stature. Kapu and Tana are recommended for the production of fruit in regions with a temperate climate.
For the best productivity, and to insure the best pollination, it is recommended to plant the 2 varieties together.
Multibaies carries an exclusive propagation licence for the territory of the European Union. Multibaies is historically specialized and recognized for the production of cultivated blueberry plants.
For more information:
Tel: +33 (0)2 41 42 14 14
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: