Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Algeria to export dates to Vietnam
Algeria exports some one million tonnes of dates annually, making it rank fourth in the world in terms of total output, reports Vietnam News. Algeria is conducting all the necessary procedures to export dates to Vietnam.
During the third international exhibition on dates, which opened last Saturday, high-grade dates harvested in oases in southern Algeria were presented, including the popular ‘ Deglet Nour’.
According to statistics, Algeria exports some one million tonnes of dates annually, ranking fourth in the world in terms of total output (making up some 14 percent), after Iran, Egypt and Tunisia.
However, the total output of Algerian date exports ranks only eighth and is equivalent to one-sixth of Tunisia’s output, Tunisia being the world’s largest producer and exporter of dates. The dates exhibition attracted some 160 Algerian and foreign firms, as well as diplomatic organisations, including the Embassy of Vietnam in Algeria.
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: