Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Algeria to export dates to Vietnam
Algeria exports some one million tonnes of dates annually, making it rank fourth in the world in terms of total output, reports Vietnam News. Algeria is conducting all the necessary procedures to export dates to Vietnam.
During the third international exhibition on dates, which opened last Saturday, high-grade dates harvested in oases in southern Algeria were presented, including the popular ‘ Deglet Nour’.
According to statistics, Algeria exports some one million tonnes of dates annually, ranking fourth in the world in terms of total output (making up some 14 percent), after Iran, Egypt and Tunisia.
However, the total output of Algerian date exports ranks only eighth and is equivalent to one-sixth of Tunisia’s output, Tunisia being the world’s largest producer and exporter of dates. The dates exhibition attracted some 160 Algerian and foreign firms, as well as diplomatic organisations, including the Embassy of Vietnam in Algeria.
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: