Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Marketplace adapted to the horticultural sector
First anniversary of FruitsAppFruitsApp, recently selected as one of the 14 best innovative start-ups in the world by the IMPACT Growth program, is celebrating its first anniversary with an unstoppable growth. After just one year, more than 2,000 companies in the Fresh Fruit and Vegetables sector already use this platform for their sales transactions with suppliers and customers around the world, with most of them being renowned companies. And the prospects are positive, as the new generations arriving in the sector become increasingly familiar with the use of this sort of technology to manage all their daily tasks.
One of the objectives of FruitsApp is to help fruit and vegetable producers around the world get higher prices, helping create a sustainable environment in the fruit and vegetable sector. Thanks to its innovative system (since it is the first bidirectional Fruit and Vegetables Marketplace with integrated negotiations and logistics), they help companies see in real time (and globally) which companies have complementary needs, giving the option of buying or selling in the best conditions at any time.
Kakis serve as an example (the season is now at its peak), as the fruit had been one of the few crops generating worthwhile returns for Valencian growers until the introduction of the Russian veto on imports of European agricultural products. Since then, the price has dropped by up to 25% during the last three campaigns.
FruitsApp has made a strong commitment to this product, and is helping kaki producers obtain better prices than expected, helping them connect with the best companies in the world looking for this product. With FruitsApp's system, and thanks to its algorithms, it is possible to find customers who are already willing to buy and who don't need convincing, so producers have a better chance of getting higher prices.
Similar efforts are being made to help improve the results of other products, such as citrus fruits, tropical crops and vegetables.
A very important issue is that of bio products. There is an increasingly higher demand for these products, but the supply is very fragmented, and with many intermediaries. This results in very high retail prices. FruitsApp can be the preferential channel to find bio products without going through intermediaries.
To celebrate its first year online, FruitsApp is preparing important commercial and marketing actions from which all its users can benefit.
For more information:
Publication date: 12/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: