Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Photo report New York Produce show
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Waitrose launches sprout wreaths in time for Christmas
This year Waitrose has found an unusual way to incorporate the green veg into Christmas celebrations, even for those who usually turn their noses up to eating the divisive veg. This year the supermarket will be launching its very first sprout wreath.
The vegetables, which are traditionally eaten at Christmas, are woven in amongst sustainable foliage from fir trees in Scotland to create the quirky wreath, which is perfect for an unusual festive welcome at the door for guests, or as a striking candle centrepiece on the Christmas dinner table.
Each wreath features a tag that lets the customer know who made that particular wreath.
Waitrose Horticulture Buyer, Samantha Brett, comments, "We wanted to create something more quirky as part of this year's festive horticulture offering. This seemed like a great opportunity to do something fun and creative with sprouts."
Created as a joint venture between Waitrose, the retailer’s sprout grower and a wreath maker who creates the festive floral arrangement for Waitrose. The sprout wreath is a limited edition decoration available in Waitrose Food & Home branches as a trial this year, but if popular it will extend to more branches for Christmas 2018.
The Brussels Sprout Wreath, £35, will be on sale in selected Waitrose shops from the beginning of December.
For more information:
Tel: +44 0207 287 5006
Publication date: 12/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: