- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Sustainability in agriculture: the Mater-Bi mulching film at Agricultural Film 2018
- ‘CUPS’ protects citrus from greening and storms
- Taiwan's government hopes that garlic farmers will reduce production by 10%
- "Small sizes affect companies which package mandarins with leaves"
- Turkey to grow tomatoes and tropical fruits in Sudan
Turkey doesn't influence Azerbaijan's hazelnut prices
"The presence of the Russian market, where the price differences can be as much as USD $1/kg compared to European prices, gives us the opportunity of finding a buyer who is willing to pay more than what the Turkish market has set. The second factor is the USD/TRY currency ratio, which is a fixed USD. Sometimes due to the fixed prices with the USD rate, our prices seems a bit high in compare to Turkish prices (including this season and the last) but this has a lot to do with the lower exchange rate for the Turkish Lira. We are keeping with the fixed rates, making us very competitive against Turkish exporters, and are seeing increased demand from Europe," shared Nizami Emreli from Azerstar LLC Hazelnut Ind. Co.
According to the INC (International Nut and Dried Fruit Council), this year Azerbaijan will have around 45,000 tons of hazelnuts in the shell, which equates to 17,000 tons of hazelnut kernels. According to Emreli, 8000 tons of hazelnut kernels have been sold out.
The current price for Turkish 11-13 mm hazelnut kernels is $5.30 USD/kg DAP Europe, compared to $5.50 USD/kg DAP Europe for Azerbaijani kernels.
"Azerbaijan has seen a lot of growth in the agricultural sector and has been present at international trade fairs during the last 3 years. The Ministry of Economic development, along with some help from State Customs Committee, has brought us vital tools to boost international trade, such as the new ISO 17025 accredited lab in Zagatala, where all of the major exporters are located. The new modern state laboratory in Zaqatala checks for aflatoxin in each lot prepared for export. Without the aflatoxin test, our goods can not be exported," Emreli continued.
"We currently have 55,000 ha of hazelnut production, with government plans to increase that to 80,000 ha. Important news for many Azerbaijani's, where hazelnuts are the main source of income for many families."
For more information:
Nizami Emreli (Regional CEO Europe)
Azerstar LLC Hazelnut Ind. Co.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Report: Chinese imports of U.S. tree nuts likely to decrease in marketing year
- 09/19/2018 Pecan Nation wants to put the pecan on the map
- 09/19/2018 More domestic pistachio promotions expected this year
- 09/17/2018 Difficult export environment for 2018 Oregon hazelnut crop
- 09/14/2018 Egypt: HB Dates adds three production lines
- 09/14/2018 "France: "Walnut harvest looks pretty good"
- 09/07/2018 Ukraine could become the world’s third largest walnut producer this year
- 09/06/2018 "China: "Chestnut production in Liaoning down by about 10-15%"
- 09/05/2018 Record-sized crop forecast for Oregon hazelnuts
- 09/03/2018 2018 California Walnut Objective Measurement Report
- 08/30/2018 Chile: Internal consumption of dehydrated plum grows
- 08/28/2018 'Costa Rican pineapple rings popular with health-conscious consumers''
- 08/24/2018 US Nuts - Less competition under new Japan Free Trade Agreements
- 08/23/2018 "Certificates are good, but you also have to prove yourself to your customers"
- 08/21/2018 Tariffs likely to challenge California almond market this year
- 08/17/2018 Ukraine: Walnut production up by 25% since 2010
- 08/15/2018 ‘Tariffs could cost US fruit and nut industries over $3 billion’
- 08/10/2018 Is the global market for nuts changing?
- 08/10/2018 Higher demand and volumes for Medjool dates in 2018/19 season
- 08/09/2018 Date crop on track for a good harvest