Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nigeria commissions cashew nut processing factory in Kwara
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, has commissioned a 5,000 tonnes per year cashew processing factory, the FoodPro Limited, in Ilorin, Kwara State.
Osinbajo was accompanied by Abdulfatah Ahmed, the governor of Kwara State; Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information and Culture; Olusegun Awolowo, CEO/Executive Director of the Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC), and Waheed Olagunju, the Executive Director of the Bank of Industry.
The Vice President, while speaking after a guided tour of the plant was extremely impressed by the factory and its commitment to adhering to global standards. He expressed the government’s resolve to support the private sector with policies that would aid local businesses.
Ayo Olajiga, Co-Founder/ CEO of FoodPro Limited, guided the Vice President on a tour of the factory, showing the different stages of the cashew processing from sizing and boiling, shelling and scooping, to drying and peeling and finally grading and packaging.
Olajiga said: “Through domestic processing of raw cashew nuts, we have created more than 400 direct jobs and several thousand indirect jobs for farmers, vendors, suppliers and artisans, who form the heartbeat of FoodPro’s value chain. With 90 per cent of FoodPro’s employees being women, we are humbled by the role we play in impacting communities and improving economic and social development conditions in our host community.”
Publication date: 11/28/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: