Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Ozone can be used in orchards
A revolutionary atomiser that, instead of distributing pesticides, distributes water and oxygen in the form of ozone was on display at FuturPera.
"The first results have been encouraging. Thanks to the collaboration of Met Ozone Experts and GR Gamberini atomizzatori, we have developed this machine that can be used in orchards, open fields and greenhouses too," explains agronomist Stefano Poppi.
Stefano Poppi and Luca Gamberini
The oxidising effects of ozone (O3) are well known. Dissolved in water at low concentrations (1-4 mg/litre), it can devitalise all forms of parasites (fungi, bacteria, viruses).
The atomiser presented at the fair is unlike all others. First of all, it is equipped with an ozone generator. The ozone is then mixed with the water in the tank and there is also a power generator.
"There are many advantages of using ozone - there are no residues, no packets to dispose of, no safety intervals. No resistant virus, bacterial or fungal strains form. Operators have no problems and can immediately access greenhouses after applications.
"We are now testing it in fields to assess its positive effects in orchards. I must also say that plants become more vigorous after the treatment."
Publication date: 11/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: