Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Ozone can be used in orchards
A revolutionary atomiser that, instead of distributing pesticides, distributes water and oxygen in the form of ozone was on display at FuturPera.
"The first results have been encouraging. Thanks to the collaboration of Met Ozone Experts and GR Gamberini atomizzatori, we have developed this machine that can be used in orchards, open fields and greenhouses too," explains agronomist Stefano Poppi.
Stefano Poppi and Luca Gamberini
The oxidising effects of ozone (O3) are well known. Dissolved in water at low concentrations (1-4 mg/litre), it can devitalise all forms of parasites (fungi, bacteria, viruses).
The atomiser presented at the fair is unlike all others. First of all, it is equipped with an ozone generator. The ozone is then mixed with the water in the tank and there is also a power generator.
"There are many advantages of using ozone - there are no residues, no packets to dispose of, no safety intervals. No resistant virus, bacterial or fungal strains form. Operators have no problems and can immediately access greenhouses after applications.
"We are now testing it in fields to assess its positive effects in orchards. I must also say that plants become more vigorous after the treatment."
Publication date: 11/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: