Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Greece contributes to Ukraine peach imports - up 30% from last year
This year Ukraine has significantly increased peach imports, according to Fruit-Inform.
In the first 9 months of 2017, the import volumes totalled 33,000 tons, a rise of 30% compared with January-September 2016.
These positive trends are connected with higher exports of peaches from Greece, traditionally the leading supplier to Ukraine.
In particular, in January-September 2017, Greece shipped 22,000 tons of peaches to Ukraine, an increase of 50% year-on-year.
Spain ranked second and managed to raise exports by 20% to 6,500 tons.
Moldova was the third largest supplier with the export volumes totalling 1,300 tons, a rise of 7% year-on-year.
It should be noted that higher imports negatively affected peach prices in Ukraine. During the peak of the season, prices of domestic peaches were averaging 20% lower year-on-year despite a decrease in Ukrainian peach production due to spring frosts.
Publication date: 11/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: