Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Greece contributes to Ukraine peach imports - up 30% from last year
This year Ukraine has significantly increased peach imports, according to Fruit-Inform.
In the first 9 months of 2017, the import volumes totalled 33,000 tons, a rise of 30% compared with January-September 2016.
These positive trends are connected with higher exports of peaches from Greece, traditionally the leading supplier to Ukraine.
In particular, in January-September 2017, Greece shipped 22,000 tons of peaches to Ukraine, an increase of 50% year-on-year.
Spain ranked second and managed to raise exports by 20% to 6,500 tons.
Moldova was the third largest supplier with the export volumes totalling 1,300 tons, a rise of 7% year-on-year.
It should be noted that higher imports negatively affected peach prices in Ukraine. During the peak of the season, prices of domestic peaches were averaging 20% lower year-on-year despite a decrease in Ukrainian peach production due to spring frosts.
Publication date: 11/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: