Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
"Chinese consumers become smarter about buying avocados"
"Unlike most fruits, avocados ripen after the harvest. During the harvest, they are not yet ripe, and their skin is still green. Avocados of different ripeness all have different colors and tastes. In order to let consumers understand this, we have launched several different packs with avocados at varying stages of ripeness, such as small delivery boxes that are supplied by large-scale online platforms, like Jingdong, and packs of two by Hema," said Nathan of Shanghai Supa Fresh Food Co.Ltd.
The first time avocados of different ripeness with clear labels are sold together
The visual differences between avocados of different ripeness
"In the past two years, the Chinese avocado consumption has been gradually increasing by around 10%-15% per year. The understanding of the ripeness of avocados has also improved. People are no longer blindly buying them green but still unripe. Instead, they are choosing the riper fruits, which are immediately edible. Whereas previously only large-scale distributors and high-end restaurants paid attention to the ripeness, the public now also has a better understanding."
For the past few years, avocados have been selling well in China
High quality avocados
"We use ripening agents on our avocados, after which they have a different color. Avocados with a ripeness of 30% to 60% still need one or two days. The same goes for those with a ripeness of 60% to 90%."
Rational consumption has become a trend
"Our Supa Fresh series includes many different kinds of packaging. Our main goal is to promote the consumers' understanding of avocado ripening. Our packaging is innovative, with special labelling on it. We believe that this will allow our customers and consumers to experience avocados of different ripeness."
Shanghai Supa Fresh Food Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 21 6497 9998
Fax: +86 21 5296 7900
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: