Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - TŲnisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NovAtelís navigation system passes German automatic steering test
The German Agricultural Society or Deutsche Landwirtschafts-Gesellschaft (DLG) has released DLG Test Report on the NovAtel SMART6L receiver's PPP automatic steering test.
This new report describes the benefits growers can experience using NovAtelís TerraStar-C and TerraStar-L Precise Point Positioning (PPP) technology with a SMART6-L Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) receiver for automatic steering.
The DLG is an organisation that promotes technical and scientific progress in the agriculture and food sectors. Set up to test equipment and machinery, the DLG Test Centre Machinery and Farm Inputs provide impartial information for practitioners.
The DLG awards a DLG-APPROVED quality mark to farm machinery that passes a limited test programme within a DLG usability test. Using a Fendt 828 Vario tractor, combined with the Fendt ďVarioGuide RTKĒ steering system and the NovAtel SMART6-L receiver, steering accuracy was tested using both TerraStar-C and TerraStar-L correction services.
NovAtelís TerraStar-C correction service provides a 5 cm or less (95%) position accuracy, and TerraStar-L provides a 50 cm or less (95%) position accuracy with a 15 cm pass-to-pass accuracy. The DLG test is designed to measure steering accuracy under various conditions as part of the criteria to receive the DLG-APPROVED quality mark.
The DLG test reported that NovAtelís TerraStar-C correction service achieved a 2-3 cm system steering accuracy on an A-B run on an even track at 8 km/h, and a 3.4 cm accuracy at 15 km/h. The long-term accuracy was reported at 3-4 cm over a 24-hour period. As well, the pass-to-pass error was less than 3 cm over the duration of an hour.
The DLG test reported NovAtelís TerraStar-L correction service at 17-18 cm accuracy during an hour A-B run on an even track at 8 km/h, and 10-11 cm accuracy on a contour run at 5 km/h. The pass-to-pass error remained below 15 cm for the duration of the tests.
NovAtelís SMART6-L was awarded the DLG-APPROVED quality mark after successfully completing the PPP autosteering test.
To view DLG Test Report 6802, NovAtel SMART6L receiver PPP Automatic Steering Test click here: www.dlg-test.de
For more information:
Tel: +1 403 730 4143
Publication date: 11/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: